Sigma Kappa

Chapter History

Chapter History

The Gamma Eta chapter of Sigma Kappa was installed on March 6, 1954 at Ball State University located in Muncie, Indiana. For over six decades, the Gamma Eta chapter has remained strong on Ball State's campus. We pride ourselves on a diverse chapter, made up of strong women from all different walks of life who are involved in numerous aspects of Ball State's campus. 

On campus, our chapter is devoted to giving back to our community, as well as our philanthropies. As a chapter, we volunteer an average 20 hours per member per academic year, volunteering around Muncie at places such as the Animal Rescue Fund, the Muncie Animal Shelter, the Alpha Center, Second Harvest Food Bank, and more. This Fall we will be hosting a Sigma Kappa Gala to fundraise for our philanthropies!